Prerequisites: It is recommended that participants complete Session 1 of the learning series, prior to attending this session.
Presenters: Ms. Lisa Battistella and Ms. Sandy Culley (Librarians, Clinical Practice and Education, HHS)
Description: This 3 hour session provides participants with a brief overview of key sources to quickly find reliable synthesized research evidence (e.g., systematic reviews, clinical practice guidelines) to answer their questions.
- Identify key resources within HHS’s Clinical Reference Library
- Differentiate between the levels of the 6S pyramid of evidence
- Demonstrate database searching skills using advanced search functions in various bibliographic databases
- Stay current in the literature using table of contents and auto alerts
- Monday October 5, 2020 (9:00am – 12:00pm) Learning Resource Centre, 293 Wellington St. N., Suite 121-3, Computer Room. Register here: https://centreforpeopledevelopment.ca/course-details/472